The 13 Most Popular Econometrics Books
- Cartoon Guide to Statistics
- If you have ever looked for P-values by shopping at P mart, tried to watch the Bernoulli Trails on “People’s Court,” or think that the standard deviation is a criminal offense in six states, then you need The Cartoon Guide to Statistics to put you on the road to statistical literacy. The Cartoon Guide to Statistics covers all the central ideas of modern statistics: the summary and display of data, probability in gambling and medicine, random variables, Bernoulli Trails, the Central Limit Theorem, hypothesis testing, confidence interval estimation, and much more—all explained in simple, clear, and yes, funny illustrations. Never again will you order the Poisson Distribution in a French restaurant.
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data [Read online]
“Brilliant, funny. . As best-selling author Charles Wheelan shows us in Naked Statistics, the right data and a few well-chosen statistical tools can help us answer these questions and more.
- Data Science Bundle
From basic statistics to machine learning and new ways to think about visualization, the Data Science Bundle gives you the tools you need to get started with data. If you haven’t yet taken the leap, why wait? And if you’re already experienced with data, the Starter Kit will push you further. The package includes (10) titles on R, data analysis, Python, machine learning, and visualization.
- Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know about Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking [Read online]
Written by renowned data science experts Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett, Data Science for Business introduces the fundamental principles of data science, and walks you through the “data-analytic thinking” necessary for extracting useful knowledge and business value from the data you collect. You’ll also discover how to think data-analytically, and fully appreciate how data science methods can support business decision-making. Understand how data science fits in your organization—and how you can use it for competitive advantage Treat data as a business asset that requires careful investment if you’re to gain real value Approach business problems data-analytically, using the data-mining process to gather good data in the most appropriate way Learn general concepts for actually extracting knowledge from data Apply data science principles when interviewing data science job candidates.
- Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster (Lean Series) [Read online]
Lean Analytics can help. But data doesn’t lie, and the right data in the right place at the right time can change your business (to steal from Steward Brand. Q.
- Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist’s Companion [Read online]
The core methods in today’s econometric toolkit are linear regression for statistical control, instrumental variables methods for the analysis of natural experiments, and differences-in-differences methods that exploit policy changes. Mostly Harmless Econometrics shows how the basic tools of applied econometrics allow the data to speak. In addition to econometric essentials, Mostly Harmless Econometrics covers important new extensions–regression-discontinuity designs and quantile regression–as well as how to get standard errors right.
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets (Incerto) [Read online]
Fooled by Randomness is a standalone book in Nassim Nicholas Taleb’s landmark Incerto series, an investigation of opacity, luck, uncertainty, probability, human error, risk, and decision-making in a world we don’t understand. . Highly recommended.
- Discovering Statistics Using SPSS, 3rd Edition (Introducing Statistical Methods)
Written in his vivid and entertaining style, Andy Field provides students with everything they need to understand, use and report statistics—at every level—in the Third Edition of Discovering Statistics Using SPSS. Retaining the strong pedagogy from previous editions, he makes statistics meaningful by including playful examples from everyday student life (among other places), creating a gateway into the often intimidating world of statistics. In the process, he presents an opportunity for students to ground their knowledge of statistics through the use of SPSS.
- Big Data: Using SMART Big Data, Analytics and Metrics To Make Better Decisions and Improve Performance [Read online]
Convert the promise of big data into real world results There is so much buzz around big data. Big Data will give you a clear understanding, blueprint, and step-by-step approach to building your own big data strategy. Illustrated with numerous real-world examples from a cross section of companies and organisations, Big Data will take you through the five steps of the SMART model: Start with Strategy, Measure Metrics and Data, Apply Analytics, Report Results, Transform.
- Econometrics [Read online]
Hayashi’s Econometrics promises to be the next great synthesis of modern econometrics. students to standard graduate econometrics material from a modern perspective. This arrangement enables students to learn various estimation techniques in an efficient manner.
- The Economist Pocket World in Figures 2016
*Qatar has the most obese adult population in the world. *The world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, is more than twice the height of the Empire State Building in New York. With rankings on more than 200 topics, data on more than 190 countries, detailed profiles of more than sixty-five of the world’s major economies and special profiles on the Eurozone and the world, Pocket World in Figures is always eagerly awaited by its many thousands of fans.
You may also like...